We had such a fun time learning new napkin folds at our Cinco de Mayo Napkin Folding Fiesta at Federal City Caterers. Check out these fun details! Decor by Edge Floral, linens by DC Rental and images by Abby Jiu!
Such yummy Latin-inspired bites!
Festive sets of cloth chevron cocktail napkins tied with paper flowers were fun favors for guests to take away!
credits: tablescape (A Delightful Day), bridesmaid dresses (In Style Weddings), centerpieces (In Style Weddings), cakes (Martha Stewart), invitations (Hello Lucky, landscape (Martha Stewart), cupcakes (Martha Stewart), cake slice (Martha Stewart), boutonnieres (Martha Stewart)
More fabulous and stylish ideas from Taylour Ann! Here are some delicious and Springy cocktails to make your wedding day perfect.
Rose Grapefruit Cocktail
Lillet Rose and grapefruit juice
Vodka, sparkling water, ginger simple syrup and coarsely peeled cucumbers
Blueberry Moscow Mule
Vodka, ginger beer, mint leaves and blueberries
Chilled sparkling wine, chilled seltzer, fresh orange juice, water, strawberries and rhubarb stalks
Rosy Raspberry Spritzer
Chilled seltzer, chilled rose wine, rose water and raspberries
Today we are off to a fabulous overnight at the Salamander Resort and Spa. We are so excited to experience the resort as our couples will and get to sample the accommodations, cuisine and spa! In the meantime, here are a few images from Amanda’s latest wedding at this spectacular wedding venue!
Image by Amy Deputy
This is one of the oldest photos that I have digitally! It is from a wedding I planned in 2002 at The Corcoran Gallery of Art (which is now in the process of major change and will no longer be hosting weddings-sniff, sniff). Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O’Conner presided over the ceremony that took place on the main staircase, which we had covered in a red carpet. The military honor guard from Fort Myer lined the steps along with the bridal party.
Every time I look at this image I remember how gracious Justice O’Conner was, how attentive and thoughtful her young Secret Service agents were of her (having us adjust the light so it wouldn’t be in her eyes during the ceremony), and how tall the men in the honor guard were!
A classically beautiful D.C. wedding!
We adore working at The National Museum of Women in the Arts!
A simply elegant ceremony!
And on to the reception . . .
Let the fun begin!
Thanks to Kelsey Thompson for the always lovely images, Edge for the beautiful decor and to the wonderful couple for sharing their day!
We are thrilled to announce that our newest (and, quite possibly, most stylish) team member, Taylour Ann Campbell, will be bringing you her fun finds and style picks each week! Here are here hot trends for Spring:
1) WATERCOLORS : Dreamy and whimsical, pastel watercolors exude spring’s natural colors. Use them in your flowers, invites, escort cards, or in your signature drink!
2) BHLDN ANNABELLE DRESS : No longer is a bridesmaid dress something you throw away after the wedding! In honor of the new BHLDN store opening in Georgetown, we thought we would share this convertible dress with you that can be worn 8 different ways.
3) DONUTS : Do you want an alternative to cupcakes at your wedding? At Astro Doughnuts & Fried Chicken in DC, pastry chef Jason Gehring has come up with new ways to spice up the traditional donut! With spring flavors like cherry blossom, key lime and passionfruit your guest’s taste buds will dancing!
4) PINWHEELS : How fun are these? Pinwheels are an easy DIY project and can be used creatively throughout your wedding. Make a fun backdrop for a dessert table, hang them from the ceiling or line your ceremony aisle! With every possible color and paper combination, you can cater it specifically to your event. Papersource has a great variety of fine papers to chose from for your pinwheel project.
5) CONFETTI POPS : We all love sparklers, but why not try having your guests set off confetti poppers while you and your groom are exiting the event? Or set up a confetti bar where your guests can chose from different colors to send you off with a pop!